BUFFALO SALMON TACOS
Tacos are one my favorite foods, for a lot of reasons, but mostly because they can literally be whatever you want. This makes it an easy thing to throw together on the fly, and you end up with recipes like this one, which now happens to be a favorite. There are a few surprising ingredients in this that give it amazing flavor. These aren’t necessarily the most authentic tacos you’ve ever had, but they are definitely delicious.
Fish tacos are usually made with white fish because its mild flavor takes most tacos seasonings well, but I chose salmon for these. It’s a more hearty, flavorful fish. After cubing it, I seasoned it with Ava’s Favorite Burger seasoning, one of the seasonings I got in my Ava Jane’s Kitchen spice subscription. It’s a perfect blend of garlic and spices, and it’s great for more than burgers. After that, I tossed the fish in hot sauce to give it a well rounded heat, then pan fried the cubes in Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil.
Afterwards, I wanted something to compliment the savory heat, so I made a crunchy cilantro lime slaw with creamy Greek yogurt to tame the heat. Some avocado cubes rounded it all out, and when enclosed in a charred corn tortilla, it was taco perfection.
These would be amazing with some homemade margaritas, so the next Taco Tuesday, skip the standard tacos, and try these. You will not be disappointed!
- 1 pound skinless salmon, cut into bite sized chunks
1 teaspoon Ava’s Favorite Burger seasoning
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot
3 tablespoons Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 lime
1/2 teaspoon Colima Sea Salt
- Corn tortillas, heated in a skillet or grill
- 1-2 ripe avocados, diced
- Lime wedges
- Colima Sea Salt
- Toss the fish in the Ava’s Favorite Burger seasoning and hot sauce. Let sit for a few minutes while you make the slaw.
- To make the slaw, put all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss well.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the fish until browned on all sides and cooked through. Heat your tortillas.
- To serve, spoon the fish into the warmed tortillas, top with the slaw and avocado. Serve with the lime wedges and sprinkle with Colima Sea Salt.
Easy to download PDF: Buffalo Salmon Tacos