PARMESAN BROILED ZUCCHINI
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Just because summer is almost over doesn’t mean there aren’t still loads of zucchini available at the market. I love zucchini, but it’s hard to use them all up, and I’ve made all the usual suspects: Zoodles, zucchini bread, and ratatouille have all been staples on my summer table.
With a single zucchini left in the fridge (I’m not buying any more, I promise) that I didn’t want to go to waste, I wanted to make something quick that would use it up without having to buy more, and I think this recipe did it.
This is seriously easy, and makes the perfect snack. Just slice your zucchini, brush with avocado oil, and sprinkle with cheese. Broil until brown, and you’re done. A bit or crunchy sea salt, fresh black pepper, and basil, and you’re done. A way to use up those zucchini without losing your mind searching on Pinterest for recipes that contain only ingredients you have in your fridge.
I used my favorite type of cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano, here, but any kind of hard cheese will probably work. Just be careful to measure the saltiness of the cheese before adding the salt at the end. A teeny tiny bit for crunch is enough.
- 1 medium zucchinis
2 tablespoons AJK extra-virgin avocado oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or other hard cheese
Colima Sea Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh sliced basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat broiler to high heat.
- Slice the zucchini into slices about 1/8 thick. Lay them on a baking sheet and brush lightly with the oil.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, until the tops start to brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the cheese. Broil until browned and and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and basil if using.
Download this recipe in easy to print PDF format: parmesan-broiled-zucchini