LEMON SPAGHETTI WITH PEA PODS
As spring gets closer and closer, my diet shifts from heavy winter dishes to lighter ones like this. Even though it’s not quite spring yet, we’ve been getting a few warmer, sunny days sprinkled in with the freezing cold ones.
This is a simple dish that is full of flavor from a combination of lemon and garlic, and gets a nice green health boost from the addition of crunchy pea pods. It’s a nice weeknight meal paired with a glass of white wine and some crusty bread.
Much of the flavor from this comes from a combination of Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil as well as a new spice blend I got from them. It’s called the Everyday Blend and is a citrusy, peppery blend that can turn something as simple as plain noodles into a memorable meal.
If you want to ramp up the nutrition content of this dish, swap whole-wheat or even gluten free pasta in for the spaghetti. You can also add a variety of veggies; I think spinach or broccoli might be nice here as well. Or just keep it simple.
2 tablespoons Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pea pods
1 teaspoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Everyday Blend seasoning
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 pound spaghetti, cooked according to the package directions, drained
- Fresh chopped parsley
Colima Sea Salt
- In a heavy, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Cook the garlic for about a minute and add the pea pods and seasoning. Stir and cook until pea pods are crisp tender.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, followed by the pasta. Stir until heated through.
- Garnish with parsley and Colima Sea Salt.
Easy to download PDF: Lemon Spaghetti with Pea Pods