GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH PEACHES AND ARUGULA
It’s nearing the end of summer, which means the end of grilling season, and sadly, the end of peaches.
So I’ve been spending my time lately trying to get as much of all of that in at once, and that leads me to recipes like this.
if you’re a fan of sweet and savory, then you’ll love this. Juicy flank steak is marinated and cooked to perfection, then topped with peppery arugula, sweet, summer peaches, and salty feta.
This is kind of a reverse steak salad — instead of the salad topped with steak, it’s steak topped with everything else. That way, you get a bit of everything in every bite for maximum flavor. It’s also pretty — if you’re looking for something to serve for an upscale barbecue, this is perfect.
3/4 cup Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Sayulita Steak and Veg seasoning
1 tablespoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Yucatan Honey
- 1 pound flank steak
- 8 ounces baby arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 ripe peaches pitted and sliced
Colima Sea Salt
Put the marinade ingredients in a jar and shake until well combined. Remove about 1/2 cup and set aside for the salad.
- Put the steak in a gallon size freezer bag and pour the marinade over the steak. Shake until steak is completely covered and chill for at least 2 hours, but you can leave it overnight.
- When ready to grill, preheat a grill to medium high heat.
- Grill the steak until done to your liking. Remove and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, put the arugula and feta in a bowl with a pinch of Colima Sea Salt. Add the reserved dressing and toss to coat.
- Slice the steak and divide between four plates. Top each with some arugula, followed by peach slices. Sprinkle a bit of Sayulita Steak and Veg on top if desired.
- Serve immediately.
When slicing the steak, it’s important to slice it against the grain. This will yield tender juicy steak. Slicing with the grain makes it tough and almost inedible.
- per serving
- 21 grams
- 30 grams
- 51 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 10 grams
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 6 grams
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 32 grams
- 85 milligrams
- 348 milligrams
- 749 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 17 grams
- Vitamin A
- 1672 milligrams
- Vitamin C
- 12 milligrams
- 224 milligrams
- 3 milligrams