BBQ ROASTED CRUNCHY CHICKPEAS WITH HONEY GLAZE
Your sweet and salty chip or popcorn craving just got answered by a healthier (and even more flavorful) option: BBQ crunchy chickpeas with a honey glaze.
The smokey yet salty bites will satisfy your need for a crunch, while also calming your craving for sweets, all in a protein- rich bean. Serve them up for movie night, or munch on them all day long!
1 tablespoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1 19 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1-2 tsp Ava Jane’s Kitchen Los Muertos Barbecue spice blend (more for more spice)
½ Tbsp Ava Jane’s Kitchen Yucatan Honey
½ teaspoon Colima Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Spread the chickpeas in a single layer on a baking sheet. It’s ok if they are still a bit wet, they will dry out in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes, stopping to shake the pan twice during this time. This helps the chickpeas dry out and become crispy.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and carefully add the hot chickpeas to a bowl along with the avocado oil, bbq seasoning, and salt. Toss well to coat the chickpeas evenly. Spread the seasoned chickpeas back onto the baking sheet and return to the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes until they are golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and add ½ Tbsp of Ava Jane Yucatan Honey to the bowl. The honey is semi-solid until warmed, so stir the chickpeas quite a bit until they are coated in a light layer of honey.
- Snack on the chickpeas until warm, or fully cooled.
- * Note that you can also make these without honey for a drier chickpea.
Easy to download PDF: BBQ Roasted Crunchy Chickpeas with Honey Glaze