ROASTED TUNA VEGGIE BOWL
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
I love to cook, and am willing to tackle complicated recipes more often than most, but for daily meals, I like meals that don’t require a lot of pots, pans, and cookware. This is one reason why I like to eat a lot of tuna for protein — you don’t have to cook it, so it’s always ready.
I usually have a few different fresh veggies around, and almost always have some sort of potatoes, so roasted potatoes and veggies are often a side dish in my house. But what if they could become a meal? With my Barnacle Bill’s Oregon Hook and Line Caught Albacore Tuna, this is a definite possibility.
For this recipe, I used fingerling potatoes and Brussels sprouts, but really, just about anything would work here. And while you may think Brussels sprouts and tuna is an odd combination of strong flavors (I did too!) you will be surprised to find that it’s super delicious. The Brussels sprouts are a perfect match for the potatoes because you can toss them all together and they take the same amount of time to cook.
This recipe used one baking sheet and a large bowl, and it turned out delicious. While I like long ingredient lists and challenging recipes on lazy days, this kind of recipe is what I like best for most days.
You can top it with bacon (or coconut bacon, in my case), fresh herbs, and lots of black pepper. Next time I might add some walnuts for crunch, but it’s not a necessary addition; this was good as is.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, cored and halved
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved
4 tablespoons Ava Jane’s Kitchen extra-virgin avocado oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
1 package Barnacle Bill’s Oregon Hook and Line Caught Albacore Tuna
Toppings: Crumbled bacon, fresh chopped herbs, lemon zest, Colima Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the sprouts and potatoes with the oil and lemon juice. Lay on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 20 minutes, remove from oven and stir. Continue roasting, 15-20 more minutes, until well browned and crisp.
- Break the tuna up into small pieces and toss with the vegetables. Top with whatever you like, and serve warm.
Easy to read PDF: Roasted Tuna Veggie Bowl