CREAMY CAPER CHICKEN WRAPS
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
I go through phases in my cooking, and right now I’m in the middle of a caper phase. You know those little green berries that you buy in jars next to the olives? Yeah, those.
If you’re not familiar (or don’t sit and think all day about condiments and food flavorings like I do), capers are pungent, and briny, and salty, and can add amazing flavor to all kinds of dishes with little effort. They go especially nicely with lemon, and you’ll often see them in Italian and Mediterranean cooking.
But you can do so much more with them, and you should! Like add them to sandwiches and wraps like this one. It’s got a super creamy dressing, tender cooked chicken, and a few other veggies. I served it on veggie wraps, and topped with some crunchy chickpeas I had on hand, but it would be equally good in a pita with croutons too. Just don’t skip the crunch factor — it adds a lot here. It’s just a simple lunch option when you’re tired of boring turkey sandwiches and deli salads.
In addition to capers, these wraps get their flavor from lots of fresh herbs, specifically parsley, dill, and chives. A few roasted peppers add sweetness to round it out. You end up with something that hits every flavor and texture spot possible, and you’ll know it from the first bite.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
1/2 teaspoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Everyday Blend
- 1 cup cooked and chopped chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peppers
- Bread, pita, or lettuce leaves, for serving
- Something crunchy (roasted chickpeas, toasted nuts, broken pita chips,) for topping
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the yogurt with the capers, herbs, lemon juice, avocado oil, and seasoning until creamy and smooth. Chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, add your chicken to your wrap of choice, and top with the peppers. Drizzle generously with the dressing and top with your crunchy element.
- Serve immediately.
Easy to download PDF: Creamy Caper Chicken Wraps