SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH SAUTÉED APPLES
I love apples but only tend to eat them in the fall and winter. It’s not because they’re not available — I can get 20 varieties of apples at my local supermarket at any time of the year — they just seem more like a cold weather food to me. So, I find that a lot of my meals have apples throughout the winter. Desserts too, but it’s easy to make apple desserts.
It doesn’t always have to be complicated. This dish has only a few ingredients but turns out great every time. The key is getting a good sear on your pork chop, but then letting the apples and onions stew a bit in the juices. The Everyday Blend seasoning adds a peppery bite that is a nice contrast to the sweetness of the apples.
My favorite way to serve this is with sautéed spinach. Seriously, just cook a clove of garlic for a minute, add some spinach and lemon. It makes this the perfect meal on a cool night and has all the tastes and aromas of fall.
- 2 pork chops
2 tsp Ava Jane's Kitchen Everyday Blend spice blend
2 tbsp Ava Jane's Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 sweet tart apple, such Honeycrisp cored and peeled
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Colima Sea Salt and pepper to taste
Season the pork chops with the Everyday Blend.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil and sear the pork chops until well browned. Remove from pan.
- Add the onions and apples and turn heat to medium low. Let cook until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the mustard and maple syrup and stir.
- Add the pork chops back to the pan and continue cooking until pork chops have reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
Use this again: You can slice the pork and eat over a salad or make a quick fried rice.
For one or two servings: Recipe can easily be doubled or halved.
Store leftovers: Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- per serving
- 20 grams
- 30 grams
- 24 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 3 grams
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 14 grams
- Trans Fat
- 1 grams
- 90 milligrams
- 96 milligrams
- 689 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 14 grams
- Vitamin A
- 57 milligrams
- Vitamin C
- 8 milligrams
- 33 milligrams
- 1 milligrams