MAPLE COCONUT CREAM WITH SALTED CINNAMON BANANA
Have you ever been craving a rich, luxurious dessert … yet don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, or indulge in something not-so-healthy you’ll end up regretting by bedtime?
Well, if you have 15 minutes to spare – we have great news. This decadent dessert recipe tastes like it involved quite a bit of kitchen labor (but it didn’t) and as if it’s filled with all kinds of indulgences (but it really isn’t).
Complete with simple ingredients like pure coconut cream, all-natural maple syrup, ripe, mineral-rich bananas, shredded coconut, pecans, and a dash of our flavorful sea salt, it’s a healthy treat you have no reason to miss.
- 2 cans coconut cream, chilled overnight in the refrigerator
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
1 tbsp Ava Jane Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (plus more for drizzling)
- ¼ cup crushed pecans or walnuts
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
½ tsp Colima Sea Salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 dark chocolate squares (optional)
- Carefully remove coconut cream cans from the refrigerator and open. Do not shake them!
- Scoop out the hardened cream at the top of each can and place in a mixing bowl, discarding the remaining liquid.
- Stir in maple syrup and whisk until a thick cream is formed. Set aside.
- Slice each banana in half down the center, then again lengthwise. You should have 8 slices of banana.
- Add avocado oil to your saute pan and heat over medium high heat. Add banana slices
- and toss gently until covered in oil.
- Dash your cinnamon and sea salt over the slices and saute gently for about 5 minutes,
- or until the edges are caramelized and lightly browned.
- Remove from heat.
- Add coconut cream to serving plates and top with banana slices. Dash with crushed nuts
- and shredded coconut, drizzle with additional maple syrup, and top with a dark chocolate slice.
- Serve immediately.
Easy to download PDF: Maple Coconut Cream with Salted Cinnamon Banana