LEMON VEGETABLE TORTELLINI
I’m not usually a fan of pasta, but there is something comforting in those that are stuffed with cheese. Tortellini, especially. I almost always have a pack or two in my freezer for when the mood strikes.
Of course, it’s not the healthiest option, so I always try to fill out my stuffed pasta with vegetables instead of heavy sauces. It makes a quick dish that is both healthy and not so healthy at the same time, if that’s something that makes you feel better.
You can make this with whatever filling you like, and even use ravioli if you have a particular one you like. I chose just a boring old cheese ravioli, but then dressed it up with my Ava Jane’s Kitchen Citrus Salt & Pepper, along with some garlic and lemon juice.
As far as veggies go, I used the ones I had on hand, which is the way I almost always cook. In this case, I used a shallot, some carrots and spinach, and chopped up a jar of artichokes I found in the pantry. But truly, almost anything will work here, so get to brainstorming! Asparagus and sweet peas are perfect for spring, and later in the summer, switch to zucchini and cherry tomatoes.
All in all, it’s pretty easy, and delicious. Eat on the back patio with some crusty bread and a glass of perfectly chilled white wine on a pretty spring night, and all your worries will drift away!
- 1 pound cheese tortellini
2 tablespoons Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 cups baby spinach
1 teaspoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Citrus Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions. Don’t overcook, as you’ll be lightly sautéing it with the veggies, and you don’t want it to be mushy. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat the avocado oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot, garlic, and carrot, and cook until softened. Stir in the spinach and Citrus Salt & Pepper.
- Add the tortellini and stir and cook until coated with the oil.
- Add the artichoke hearts and lemon, stir until everything is heated through, and serve.
Easy to download PDF: Lemon Vegetable Tortellini