HONEY MUSTARD SEARED SAUSAGE WITH APPLES
These sweet and smoky seared sausages feature fall apples, onions, and a thick honey mustard dipping sauce for a side or appetizer everyone will love at your gatherings.
- 1 package your choice bratwurst sausage, sliced (4-5 sausages)
2 Tablespoons Ava Jane Yucatan Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Honey Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ yellow onion, chopped thin
- 1 apple, cored and chopped into small cubes (optionally peeled)
- ½ tsp paprika
Colima Salt to taste
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil to a saute pan.
- Add onions and apples, sauteing on high for 4-5 minutes until just brown.
- Turn heat to medium-high and continue to saute until apples are just soft and onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Combine honey mustard with honey, paprika, and 2 Tablespoons olive oil and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of this mixture and toss with sausage slices. Add sausage sliced to the pan with the apples and onions.
- Sear on medium high heat until thoroughly cooked, 10-15 minutes depending on thickness of the slices.
- Remove from heat and serve with the remaining honey mustard sauce as a dipping sauce.
Easy to download PDF: Honey Mustard Seared Sausage with Apples