CHOPPED SALAD WITH WHITE FISH AND LEMON VINAIGRETTE
I eat a lot of salads for dinner. A salad for dinner is delicious, but can leave you feeling full if you don't add some protein. White fish is one of my favorites because it's low in calories, versatile, and cooks super fast.
This salad is full of veggies — Romaine, spinach, onions, bell peppers, corn — and a delicious lemon vinaigrette made with Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil. The dressing is super easy, and you can double up the veggies and store in the fridge for a quick and healthy lunch option.
The fish is seasoned with Ava Jane's Kitchen Blackened Fish, so it turns out rich and spicy, which goes well with the crunchy greens and vinaigrette.
- 1 head Romaine, chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced or diced
1 small bell pepper, any color, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 white fish fillets
2 teaspoons Ava Jane's Kitchen Blackened Fish seasoning
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Ava Jane's Kitchen Yucatan Honey, optional, to taste
- Colima Sea Salt
- Put the veggies in a large bowl. Sprinkle a bit of Colima Sea Salt over them and toss lightly. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron or other heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add one tablespoon of avocado oil. Season the fish with the Blackened Fish, and add the fish to the pan.
- Cook until browned and flaky and remove from pan.
- To make the dressing, add the remaining ingredients to a jar and shake until well combined. Add a bit of honey to taste if you like.
- Add the dressing to the salad, and divide between plates or bowls. Top with a piece of white fish and serve immediately.
- per serving
- 37 grams
- 41 grams
- 41 grams