BUFFALO ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
I often try to recreate dishes I have at my favorite restaurants at home. It’s rare that it comes out exactly like what I was going for, but sometimes the results are surprisingly better than expected. (I’ve also had a few disasters, but that’s besides the point!)
This Brussels sprout recipe is such one occasion. If you’ve gone to almost any restaurant in the last couple years or so, you’ve probably noticed that Brussels sprouts are a hot veggie. Usually they are just roasted, or otherwise prepared simply, but sometimes they’re unique, and I find myself not being able to stop thinking about them. This buffalo version is one of those.
It’s a simple recipe, with few ingredients, and the hot sauce really pairs well with the Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil and charred sprouts. I used the most basic hot sauce around — Frank’s Red Hot — but I’m sure whatever your favorite is will work just as well. Next time I make these, I’m going to add blue cheese crumbles at the end, but you could add bacon or even Ranch dressing here. Whatever you serve these with, I’m sure they will be the star of the show.
1/4 cup Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
Colima Sea Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk the oil, butter, and hot sauce in a small bowl until well combined. Toss with the Brussels sprouts.
- Lay on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and stir, then continue roasting for about 20 more minutes, until sprouts are tender and lightly charred. Season with Colima Sea Salt and black pepper before serving.