AVOCADO OIL PASTA WITH LEMON AND GARLIC
After a long day, the last thing you want to think about is a complicated meal. Instead, let’s make today more about simple, ultra satisfying meals. You know what I’m talking about. The meals that come together quickly and with only a few ingredients and taste as if prepared by the best chef in a five star restaurant.
This recipe is all of those things. The best ingredients are necessary, and that starts with avocado oil. The rich, fragrant taste pairs nicely with the garlic and lemon, the red pepper flakes give it a kick, and the fresh parsley gives it a bright flavor that rounds it all out. Oh, and don’t forget plenty of fresh black pepper.
You can add whatever you like to this dish customize it, but first try it as is — you will undoubtedly be surprised at how good it is. If you choose to adjust it, shrimp will add some quick cooking protein, and some fresh grated Parmesan is a nice touch. If you like more heat, add a few more red pepper flakes or less if spicy isn’t your thing (although side note: make sure they are fresh. I realized I needed a replacement when the little plastic container from my local pizza joint smelled spicy and pungent, and mine smelled, well, like nothing.)
I used whole-wheat angel hair here only because it felt more nutritious after a day on-the-go, but plain old white pasta will work nicely. Add some crusty bread and a glass of wine, and you’ve got an elegant meal that’s a perfect way to get you feeling like you’re back on track.
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
1/2 cup AJK Extra-Virgin Avocado Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
Colima Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat and add the oil and garlic. Cook for about a minute and add the cooked pasta. Stir until the pasta is well coated with the oil and add the remaining ingredients, including the reserved cooking water. Stir well, turn off heat, and serve.
Download this recipe in easy to print PDF format: Avocado Oil Pasta with Lemon and Garlic