Avocado Chicken Salad
When I get extra busy — with work, family, or just life — I try to make meal time as easy as possible. When you’re stressed, trying to decide what to eat, and then actually following through can be overwhelming.
What I typically do during those times is make recipes like this. This easy chicken salad is full of flavor, and is easy to make a big batch of at the beginning of the week. It’s also pretty nutritious, and is full of protein, fiber, and good for you fats.
The ingredients are pretty simple — cooked and cubed chicken, celery, and onion. But that’s where the similarities end with traditional mayo laden chicken salad.
Instead of mayonnaise, I used an avocado, a bit of lemon juice, and a tiny bit of Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil to make a bit creamier and give it a little more rich flavor. For seasoning, Colima Sea Salt and fresh black pepper were enough for me, but any one of the Ava Jane’s Kitchen spice blends would be perfect here.
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cooled and cubed
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
Colima Sea Salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Put the avocado, lemon juice and avocado oil in a large bowl. Mash until creamy and smooth.
- Add the chicken, onion, and celery, and mix well. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- per serving
- 7.5 grams
- 26 grams
- 17.5 grams